The Columbus Chapter of National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors is a 501(c)(6) organization and is a local chapter of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA). NAIFA “protects and promotes the critical role of insurance in a sound financial plan and the essential role provided by our professional agents and advisors.” Their mission is “to advocate for a positive legislative and regulatory environment, enhance business and professional skills, and promote the ethical conduct of our members.”
Consisting of approximately 225 members, NAIFA-Columbus’s Code of Ethics is as follows:
- To hold my profession in high esteem and strive to enhance its prestige.
- To fulfill the needs of my clients to the best of my ability.
- To maintain my clients’ confidences.
- To render exemplary service to my clients and their beneficiaries.
- To adhere to professional standards of conduct in helping my clients to protect insurable obligations and attain their financial security objectives.
- To present accurately and honestly all facts essential to my clients’ decisions.
- To perfect my skills and increase my knowledge through continuing education.
- To conduct my business in such a way that my example might help raise the professional standards of those in my profession.
- To keep informed with respect to applicable laws and regulations and to observe them in the practice of my profession.
- To cooperate with others whose services are constructively related to meeting the needs of my clients.
For more information on the Columbus Chapter of National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, please visit their website. For more information on Greydan Communications and how we can help your association, visit our website.